Smoothie and Food BillPosted: July 31, 2009
So today brings some awesome news! There is a new bill in food safety! After seeing Food INC. I am excited to see that “voting with your fork” is actually working!!! I am a bit skeptical of the bill due to the fact that Monsanto basically owns the FDA, but I am hopeful and will be watching the Take Part Blog for reactions. The next step is to separate the Food from the Drugs in FDA. Man made Chemical combinations + Food are NOT a natural combination!
On a lighter note…I made an awesome smoothie last night! After the potluck lunch I wasn’t feeling a big meal. I settled on a smoothie and some Kashi crackers.
Sorry still no pics
Chocolate Raspberry Smoothie:
- 1/4 cup Nasoya dark chocolate silken tofu
- 1/2 cup frozen organic raspberries
- 2 tbs oats
- 2tbs ground flax
- large spoon Greek plain yogurt
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond breeze
- 4 ct ice cubes
THIS SMOOTHIE WAS AMAZING!
- Katherine and Liz – a good 3 miler yesterday on a new route and kept their target time. They are on their own this weekend.
- Jen – Study, Study, Study – good luck Today!!!!!!!! She will be getting back to the grind on Sat, she promised me!
- ME – I did 4 miles flat and strength yesterday. I have taken a break from Body Pump because I seem to be hurting my patella with all those lunges and squats. I decided to stick with the lifting machine for my legs to prevent and bad extensions. I did legs presses, weighted calf raises, hammie pull downs and quad thrusts (I did a few extra of these on my right quad, which is weaker for some reason).
MOMA BEANS is coming to visit for the weekend! So excited! We are doing sooooo many fun things! One being the Orioles Red Sox game on Sat. night!