Back To The StovePosted: September 27, 2010
It has been awhile since I have made anything that took time and serious effort. Let’s be honest, since Nick has left I haven’t really had to think about what to cook because I like everything I buy!
I have been eating a lot of these.
Spaghetti Squash with Lentil Kale Sauce
- 1 spaghetti squash baked for 40min at 375 and scooped out
- 1 head of kale – I used Dinosaur kale this time!
- 1 can of no salt added deiced tomatoes
- 1/2 cup lentils (uncooked)
- 1/2 onion
- 1 clove garlic
- Olive oil
- tomato sauce
- nutritional yeast
- Bake squash
- Cook lentils
- sauté onion and garlic in oil in the bottom of a large pot
- wash kale, tear and add it to the pot
- add tomatoes and sauce
- add lentil
- scoop out squash
- top with sauce mixture
- sprinkle with nutritional yeast
Deliciousness. I have 3 servings leftover…I guess that is what I get for only having one mouth to feed.
Have a great one