Do have a ginger root and some soy sauce in your fridge right now??? Yes? Make this!
If you don’t have them, go get them.
You will be pleasantly surprised.
Ginger Soy Stir Fry – Makes 4 lunch or 2 dinner servings
- One big chunk of ginger
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- squirt of hot chili sauce
- 1 small yellow onion
- 1 clove garlic
- 1tbs olive oil
- 1 head of cauliflower
- 1/2 box of mushrooms
- 2 cups fresh spinach
- 1/4 red quinoa
- 1/4 cup millet
- 3/4 cup water
- dash salt
- sprinkle of sesame seeds (optional)
- Slice and roast cauliflower for 20min while preparing the rest of the stir fry
- Cook millet and quinoa in water with a dash of salt
- Cook onion in olive oil until soft
- Add garlic and mushrooms
- once the mushrooms have cooked down add the spinach, ginger, chili sauce and soy sauce and mix
- throw in cauliflower and mixed together to coat all veggies – if you need to add a little more ginger or soy sauce feel free, just remember not to add any extra salt
- plate cooked millet/quinoa and top with stir fry mixture
- sprinkle with sesame seeds for a pretty touch
Chow down and enjoy! This was even better the day after once the sauce had soaked into all of the vegetables. I need to cook with ginger more often!
Happy Valentine’s Day Weekend!
I wasn’t planning on posting anything tonight but after being inspired by Heather’s peanut sauce, I had to show off my easy stir fry peanut sauce.
I had no idea how it would turn out hence why there are no final product pictures.
Just grab these three things and be able to add about 2tbs of water.
- Peanut Flour
- Hot Chili Sauce
- Low Sodium Soy Sauce
Mix to taste!
Slowly add water to mix until it is the consistency of the paste you like!
I threw mine on a stir fry of leeks, tempeh, roasted turnip, spinach and wheat berries.
Oh wheat berries I have seriously missed you!