So it is day one of my “posts that mean something”. It was actually nice to enjoy my breakfast instead of typing and getting right into my lunch today.
The highlight of the day was DINNER!
- 3/4lb beef for stewing
- 1 tbs flour
- 1 onion
- 1 cup low sodium veggie broth
- 1/4 cup dry red wine (optional, I didn’t have any so I added more broth)
- 3 bay leaves
- 3 fresh thyme sprigs – from the garden!
- 1 squirts of tomato paste – good measurements
- 1 can no salt added diced tomatoes
- 2 zucchini sliced into 1/2 moons
- 4 carrots diced
You can either brown you meat and then add it to the crock pot or just throw it all in together.
I cooked mine on low for 9 hours because I am out of the house for that long on most days and I don’t trust Nick or Doug to watch my pot when they are home during the day.
There is nothing like the smell of dinner cooking away when you walk in the door. It is the smell of relief. No cooking dinner tonight because it is already ready! Delicious! I made this in the winter with potatoes, but I liked using zuc this time to make it more seasonal.
Now it is time to spend my extra time with N and Sissy Pants