Baltimore Women’s Classic 5k!Posted: June 28, 2009
Today was the day! Up at 5:30AM, must get to bed early tonight…
I had a light breakfast after some yoga stretches and breathing. Two WW waffles with vanilla almond butter 1/2 naner and a cherry. They looked like happy victory flowers 🙂
With a cup of chamomile honey tea. I tried not to have coffee before running.
Bib #428, that’s me! I had to turn it in because as a naive new runner I didn’t realize I needed the bottom portions for after the race 😦 At least I snapped a pic!
I left my camera at home…I didn’t want it to get lost, stolen or broken. But these are some of my observations from the day:
- 5ks bring all shapes and sizes of people
- Pick up your packet the day before if you can
- Get there early to pick up your chip – the line was like a mile long 15min before the race, and I am glad I didn’t have that stress.
- Find a quiet place to stretch and gather your thoughts.
- Check out the vendors – they are now making running dresses???? I don’t even like the ideas of the skirt…I mean you still have to wear spandex so where is the advantage???
- BELIEVE THAT YOU ARE AS FAST AS YOU THINK YOU ARE! ~ I had trouble with this and ended up spending the whole first mile weaving around other people.
OK so my time??? I crossed at 24:57, but like I said I was far back in the pack to start so my slow first mile really set me back. Now I had a new goal to beat next time! After the race I had 1/2 a WW bagel and an orange slice. I also had a full bottle of water WHICH THEY DID NOT HAVE RECYCLING FOR!!! I am currently writing a letter to the organizer to complain and work towards recycling at next years event. Don’t runners love nature???
When I got home, I was hungry…it had been 4 hours since bfast. I had a second breakfast of toast with a fried egg and swiss. Plus tons of orange fruit. I really don’t know why I only have orange fruit sliced right now, but it made me laugh. Oranges, papaya, peach, mango and apricot.
I hungout on the roof deck for a bit and took at cat nap/read.
Nick and I are going to look at apts this evening!!!
Have a great Sunday!