These Are a Few of My Favorite ThingsPosted: July 28, 2009
Some foods I have come to enjoy in the movement to eating real food and stepping away from mass production.
*Happy Meat company started in 1987. Sponsor for Food INC.
* Dairy Company that is thinking outside of the box. They were also a sponsor of Food INC.
* Amazingly delicious organic cereals – On sale at Giant this week!!!
In Other News…I bought a new vegan cookbook (pause for surprise). I am not a vegan, but have seen some pretty cool stuff come out from it all over blog world. I am planning on using them as a base and will most likely be un-veganizing most recipes!
I also made chocolate tofu cupcakes using dark chocolate silken tofu and raspberry jam! I really wish I had pics of these because they were delicious, AND Nick approved. Here is the recipe I used, but measurements maybe a bit off because I added some extra tofu and milk to make a better batter texture. Makes 6-8 cupcakes.
- 3/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1/4 cup WW flour
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1.5 tsp baking powder
- ~3/4 cup chocolate silken tofu
- 3/4 skim milk
- 6 tsp raspberry jam
1) sift dry ingredients together. 2) mix wet. 3) add wet to try and mix (do not over mix). 4) (Do this step one at a time) put a small amount of batter in the bottom of the muffin tin, add tsp of jam, cover the jam with more batter. It is able 1/4, 1/4, 1/4 for the batter, jam, batter. 5) Bake 20min @350.