Triple GreenPosted: April 22, 2010
HAPPPY EARTH DAY!
Today is Earth Day! I have memories of this day going back to 4th grade when we had a whole school day of activities and games to educate children about the environment. I have always loved nature. I was that girl who collected bugs in the woods and frogs in the pond, and now I am working at the State’s Department of the Environment.
What do you do to protect the planet??? A few things off the top of my head that are really easy for everyone to follow are…
- support local operations from farmers markets to main street stores.
- plant your own garden – this saves money too!
- buy a lunch box instead of paper bags
- use tupperware over plastic baggies
- cool your home with fresh air over AC
- put on a sweater and turn your thermostat down in the winter
- unplug appliances – I need to work on this one
- bring your own bags to the grocery store
Just a few changes to make the world a cleaner, safer place for years to come.
Now onto some green oats!
Green oats, in a green bowl, eaten with a green spoon!
The usual mix:
- 1/3 cup oat bran, water, skim, Kefir
- 1 banana
- almond extract
- 1 scoop Amazing Grass Superfood
- homemade flax chia almond butter
- chia seeds
REDUCE, RESUSE, RECYCLE!
Have a super GREEN day!