If I Had Known Then What I Know NowPosted: May 3, 2010
Today while I was running I passed a field of little girls playing lacrosse. It got me thinking about all of the things I would want to tell a young version of myself.
These are some of the things that came to mind…
- Being popular is NOT the most important thing in middle school
- You will be happier if you accept who you are
- Be nice to everyone!
- The people you don’t want to talk to because they are not in the ‘A’ group could be the best people you have never met
- A zit will not kill you
- Listen to your Mom. You may hate her choices when they happen, but you will thank her for them in the long run
- Grades do matter
- Chill with the white eyeliner – this is directed to 8th grade me
Obviously you can tell where I was as a youth. In the middle between the ‘geeks’ and the ‘cool’ people. I never really fit, but I know where I SHOULD have been.
I thank the happy valley land of Kent for slapping me in the face and telling me to wake up!
If you could go back what would you tell yourself?
Now lets get back to the lighter side of life –food!
Lunch was sort of a repeat from Thursday, but it was still good!
My afternoon got busy in a hurry!
After work I got new keys for Tour roommate and then I went for my nice little run of about 4miles. It was a nice easy run.
In my boats (I’m on a boat)
- 1 small onion diced and sautéed in EVOO
- 1/2 box of chopped onions diced
- 1 can of petite cut no salt added tomatoes
- 1/2 cup cooked wheat berries
All thrown in a sauté pan with the zuc innards. I par baked the boats for 10min then stuffed and topped with BASIL FROM THE GARDEN and parm cheese. I cooked them for about 15min more til the cheese had melted.
I am kind of peeved that this picture is blurry 😦 I really like the S&V kale chips. They don’t need any ketchup!
Alright peeps I am going to get into bed early and watch House!