Morning MuffinPosted: June 2, 2010
So what does one do with a giant flat of strawberries?
Well I have been eating a lot of them straight from the colander after a good washing.
I have had a few more creative uses as well.
I also plan to make banana strawberry oatmeal tomorrow morning 🙂
But the best thing I have made so far?
At least they tasted good
Strawberry Morning Muffins – makes ~ 18 muffins
- 2 1/2 cups sprouted grain cereal high in fiber. I used the Ezekiel, but you could use anything like grape nuts.
- 1 1/4 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 tbs baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 tbs chia seeds
- 2 cups copped and lightly mashed strawberries
- 1/2 cup skim
- 2 egg whites
- 1/4 unsweetened applesauce
- 1 tbs canola oil
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Pre-heat oven to 400
- Combine dry
- Combine wet
- Mix together
- Bake 15-20 min or until a toothpick comes out dry
These muffins are great toasted with a little extra crunch from the cereal. If you like sweet muffins you will not like these. They are hearty and delicious if you want something sustainable for breakfast.
I still have a lot left. Does anyone have any favorites I need to try?
I hope you are having a great week!