Meatless Monday MealPosted: June 14, 2010
Before the food I must say that I had the best experience at REI this afternoon. The bike guy sat down with me and helped me changed my tire one on one and adjusted my detailer and brakes. We spent 1.5 hours on Chip and I got three tubes, a mini pump, tire levers and a tool all for $89. I was so thankful for his help, I felt bad not tipping him or something.
Anyway onto the food!
I had planned on making veggie stuffed crepes from Clean Eating, but when I read that the crepe batter needed to set for a hour, I switched to tortillas.
I also needed to figure out how to get the protein back in the meal (crepes have lots of eggs)
So I ended up making a sort of frittata on a tortilla.
In the pan
- 1 onion
- 1/2 pint mushrooms
- 1 roasted red pepper
- 2 scallions
- goat cheese
- 2 eggs
- splash skim
- splash of white wine or rose (I found a way to use it mom!)
- sauté onion and mushrooms in pan
- add spinach until wilted and wine
- add roasted red pepper and scallion
- beat 2 eggs with skim
- pour eggs over flattened veggie mix
- sprinkle with goat cheese
- cook about 3 min
- cut in half and place on tortilla