Special DeliveryPosted: September 14, 2010
Hello! So with Nick gone I am able to experiment with more vegetarian meals, that I wouldn’t want to test out on him. Tonight’s actually turned out pretty well (taste wise that is!)
- 1/2 head of chard
- 1/4 cup millet, uncooked
- 2 farm eggs
- handful of cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 tsp allspice (such an underrated spice!)
- 1/2 tbs garlic powder
- 1 tsp mustard powder
- pinch salt
- lots of pepper
- 2 tbs green salsa (mine was a homemade last week, but jar works!)
- cook millet with all spices included
- Steam chard when the millet is almost threw cooking
- Place cooked chard in large sauté pan
- Cover with layer of cooked millet
- Spread out tomatoes evenly
- crack two eggs and use the Poke and Spread method by Ashley and Kelsey
- Cover and cook until eggs are done
I wanted this to come out like a nice round pie, but I think the millet need to go on the bottom with the binding eggs. Oh well, still tasted good!
At least my millet got a little crispy. ( Do you like the natural light or soft light better?)
I enjoyed how simple and easy this was to make, and full of all things good.
Super awesome news…
My friend Jess (Hi Rugge!!!) is studying Marine Bio in Australia and she sent me a letter!
Lastly, check out my “What Health Means To Me” post on HLB. (I know there is a typo, but try to enjoy!)
Check ya later!