Weekly HaulPosted: January 24, 2011
I said I was going to post my groceries every week and talk about the distances they have traveled, whether they are organic and if they are seasonal. Well, I failed miserably with this, but I remembered this week!
I usually go to the store with a list but sometimes I forget it or other things get in my cart anyway.
So what went in the cart this week?
- Organic Kale – USA
- Organic carrots – Cali
- Organic broccoli – USA
- Baby bella – PA
- bananas – costa rica
- organic turnip – USA
- Organic apples –USA
- Organic oranges –USA
- Food for Life english muffins
- organic chicken broth, low sodium – the reason I get chicken over veggie is that WF does not have a low sodium veggie (I should compare!)
- Tellegio cheese – ummm Italy, whoops
- Blue Cheese – USA
- Organic Spinach –MA
- CA currants aka small raisins – CA
- turkish apricots – Turkey?
- Organic acorn squash – not sure
- Organic chick peas
- organic stewed tomatoes
All of this was $54 and if you add that to the $15 from Springfield farm That is $69 for the week. I rarely buy food out and if I do it is usually with Nick and we are at Einstein (which has soy in every single one of its bagels btw). I know I eat mainly organic, but I think $69 for a weeks worth of food for one + 1/4 person is pretty darn good. I never spend over $100 .
How much do you spend in a week on food? What is your biggest driver in your food selection? Price? Flavor? Packaging? Organic vs. Conventional? I am curious what you think!