ConfessionsPosted: February 10, 2011
It was a particularly feisty day in the office and to get out some of my pent up annoyance I wrote down a bunch of things I basically want to scream.
- I used to eat meat at least 2 times a day – sandwich at lunch and a main part of my dinner
- I used to think vegetarians were weird
- I still think vegans are weird because I could never give up REAL cheese
- I think faux meat “patties, tenders, nuggets and strips” are an easy way out and gross
- I judge the top food bloggers on the sustainability/seasonality/localness of the food they make more than their recipe because they have such a large audience and could make such a change (and some of them really impress me!)
- I really want to change the way American’s think about food but I don’t know where to start in Baltimore
- I think everyone that cares about their own health and the health of their loved ones should see Food Inc
- I don’t expect everyone to change, just listen
- I really miss running – yes, I think about other things than the food system!
- I hope I can make my dreams come true
Something to make you think: Check out the difference sizes of these bananas. Don’t pay attention to color, just size. the lower one is a fair trade the top one is a regular Chiquita. What are they feeding the banana trees in Ecuador???? Sissy was curious.
Thanks for the banana Deb!