I Need To Have A Special Page For Lentil RecipesPosted: February 15, 2011
This afternoon I had to get 4 new tires…I knew I was due for new ones pretty soon, but after my Valentine’s blow out and actually seeing the tread indicators up close, it was time. I am spoiled and thank you mommy for my early birthday present of 4 new tires
At least I knew I wouldn’t be spending any additional money on dinner. I don’t understand how people buy meals all the time throughout the week. Get organized and get meal planning people! $5 on lunch and $10 on dinner is more than I spend all week for 3 meals a day.
Tonight I started with lentils (love their little pellets of protein) and got to this!
Lentil Veggie Deliciousness! – 2 large dinner or 1 dinner two lunch
- 1/2 cup uncooked lentils
- 1 can no salt added fire roasted tomatoes
- 1/2 onion deiced
- 1 broccoli stalk – trees and steam! Slice the stem thing in this and you won’t waste what you paid for and you will get the nutrients!
- 1 clove garlic
- S&P to taste
- 3 sprigs fresh oregano – or a couple shakes dried
- 1 small bunch fresh parsley – or 1 TBSP dried
- 8 count basil leaves
- sprinkle of feta
- carbs of choice – I chose my latest brown bread and I think I will use WW pasta for the other two portions and make it a pasta sauce
- Cook 1/2 cup lentils in 1 cup water with dash of salt
- Sautee onion in EVOO until clear
- Add chopped and sliced broccoli until it turns slightly darker green
- add crushed garlic and can of tomatoes
- Add S&P and oregano
- Simmer for about 10min or until broccoli has reached desired tenderness
- Add lentils and remaining herbs
- Serve a main or as sauce on pasta and sprinkle on feta
Chow down and enjoy! I know this looks like a huge pile but there are lots of veggies thrown in there. I eat for volume and many bites so this is perfect!