Sweet Potatoes for a Picky CrowdPosted: December 14, 2011
Every time we have an office party when we are asked to bring something for the crowd, I get worried. Most of the people I work with are not fans of vegetables (I know I am generalizing here but overall I would say they are a meat and potatoes group). I always want to bring something healthy to show them that healthy doesn’t mean tasteless. Today was our deputy directors going away party and I made my best recipe yet!
Above from wedding.
This recipe was seriously simple and I got a ton of compliments on it. The only thing you have to cook are the sweet potatoes and they take 20-25min.
Chipotle, Lime, Sweet Potato Salad
- 4 medium sweet potatoes peeled and cubed
- 1 cup frozen corn (I used sweet white)
- 1 cup cooked chickpeas
- 2 finely diced chipotle peppers in adobo sauce – can add more peppers for more heat
- juice of 3 limes
- zest of 1 lime
- 3 tbsp olive oil – divided into 1 tbsp and 2 tbsp
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 large clove of garlic pressed or finely chopped
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 bunch of cilantro chopped fine
- Toss peeled and cubed sweet potatoes in 1 tbsp of olive oil and bake at 400 for approximately 20-25min until fork tender.
- While the potatoes are cooking whisk together remaining ingredients minus the corn and chickpeas.
- Mix in the chickpeas and corn.
- Add potatoes while warm to lime mixture and fold in to get the potatoes fully coated.
- The longer you can marinate, the better. (It is good hot out of the over too!)