Eggplant BakePosted: February 29, 2012
The original plan for tonight’s dinner was eggplant parm, but I forgot the parm! I did however pick up some delicious fresh mozzarella cheese so I went with it. I started by doing the normal egg, breadcrumb and bake portion of eggplant parm.
- 1 large eggplant sliced into rounds
- 1 egg
- 1 cup breadcrumbs of choice
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp Italian spices
- 1 cup favorite pasta sauce
- 2 cups frozen greens
- 1/2 onion
- 1 clove garlic, pressed
- 1 ball mozzarella, sliced
- Preheat oven to 375
- Slice eggplant into rounds and dip in egg then mix of breadcrumbs, spices, and garlic powder before placing it on a baking sheet and baking for 30min
- 15min into cooking sauté the onion and garlic clove in EVOO until clear then add frozen greens and pasta sauce
- Pull the slices out of the oven and begin to layer – sauce – eggplant – sauce – mozzarella – eggplant – sauce
5. Put her back in the oven for 20min more, slice and serve!
Super cheesy and delicious! A fortunate accident of forgetting a key ingredient.
Not really, she was staring at the light fixture, but we have been missing Sissy pictures on the blog lately.