Got Kale?Posted: June 7, 2012
Kale is the new acai berry. Well they may not taste the same, but it surely is becoming the health food spokes vegetable.
This week it was time to harvest some leaves and plants new things! I harvested kale and pulled the leggy spinach. We have had a lot of rain lately and I think it is hurting my plants because our soil is high is clay content.
Back to the kale, we have a lot around these parts.
Yummy! That is about $8 worth of kale from $2 worth of plants and it is still coming.
My favorite way to eat kale is via Kale Chips!
- Pre-heat oven to 350
- Wash and tare kale into chip like pieces – make sure leaves are dry
- Coat leaves in olive oil, salt, pepper and any other seasoning of choice
- Lay flat on a baking sheet in one layer
- Bake in over for 10min
- Check oven often – you don’t want them to burn!
- Serve with ketchup and hot sauce combo or nothing at all
Even Sissy likes kale!
Try some today!