Turmeric!Posted: October 25, 2012
Tonight was my first experience with fresh turmeric!
It is similar looking to ginger and packs a punch of flavor as well. Turmeric is used from a dye to a super food in fighting cancer. It is also the principal ingredient in curry powders. I thought I would roll with the curry theme for my dinner tonight.
Curry with Fresh Turmeric
- 1 yellow onion
- olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 delicata squash
- 1 bunch lacinato kale
- 1 bell pepper
- 1/3 cup nutritional yeast
- 1 tsp grated fresh ginger
- 1/2 tsp fresh or dried turmeric
- 1 tsp curry powder
- 1/2 cup water
- pasta serving of choice
- Pre-heat oven to 350 and de-seed the squash then cut into small pieces.
- Rub with olive oil and place in over for 30min
- chop onion and add it to the olive oil heating on the stove in a large wok or pan
- add crushed garlic to the onions once they are translucent
- cut bell pepper into small pieces and add it to the onion
- once the pepper is soft add the yeast – water and let simmer
- cook pasta to taste
- add the kale when there is 5min left on the squash
- add the squash hot out of the oven and cover everything with the sauce.
- Serve the pasta and top with the curry veggie mix
I’m not sure if I could taste the added turmeric over the curry, but whatever the case this dish was delicious! Curry and squash is a very nice combo. Let me know if you find turmeric near you!
p.s. I am trying to get back to blogging recipes – mainly dinners. Sorry for the lighting, I am just trying to get these amazing flavors out there! Thanks for still reading!